SubjectRe: [S390] cio: kernel stack overflow.
First of all, about your previous e-mail: you're correct, the members
not explicitly initialized behave like when a _static_ object is not
explicitly initialized (ie., zero'ing it), instead of behaving like an
_automatic_ object not being explicitly initialized (which was the
kind of behavior I was expecting). This is part of the C99
specification, indeed.

See section 6.7.8, constraints no. 10 and 19, for more info.

On 8/30/06, David Wagner <daw@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> I don't see any obvious place that zeroes out cdev->id.
> In particular, it looks like cdev->id.match_flags and .driver_info
> are never cleared (i.e., they retain whatever old garbage they had
> before). More importantly, if anyone ever adds any more fields to
> struct ccw_device_id, then they will also be retain old garbage values,
> which is a maintenance pitfall. Is this right, or did I miss something
> again?

Nicely pointed out, I hadn't thought about this possible maintenance
issue. Looks like a nice place for a memset() to reside.

Cheers,

Julio Auto

  Last update: 2006-08-30 21:27    [W:0.093 / U:0.244 seconds]