SubjectRe: Userspace visible of 3 include/asm/ headers
On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 04:51:38PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Adrian Bunk wrote:
> >
> >On different architectures, we have the following values for
> >- 256
> >- 512
> >- 896
> >- 1024
> >- 4096
> >
> >What should be the common value?
> >4096?
> >
> >And I have a rough memory of some dependencies of COMMAND_LINE_SIZE and
> >boot loaders. What exactly must be taken care of when increasing
> >
> It's architecture-dependent; it probably should be defined in something
> like <asm/cmdline.h>.

OK, I did misunderstand you.
I tought you were saying it should be the same value for all

With the exception of frv (in param.h), COMMAND_LINE_SIZE is in setup.h
on all architectures.

Do we want to move it to a different header, or simply make param.h a
userspace header on all architectures?

> -hpa

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed