    SubjectRe: Userspace visible of 3 include/asm/ headers
    On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 04:51:38PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    > Adrian Bunk wrote:
    >

    > >On different architectures, we have the following values for
    > >COMMAND_LINE_SIZE:
    > >- 256
    > >- 512
    > >- 896
    > >- 1024
    > >- 4096
    > >
    > >What should be the common value?
    > >4096?
    > >
    > >And I have a rough memory of some dependencies of COMMAND_LINE_SIZE and
    > >boot loaders. What exactly must be taken care of when increasing
    > >COMMAND_LINE_SIZE?
    > >

    > It's architecture-dependent; it probably should be defined in something
    > like <asm/cmdline.h>.

    OK, I did misunderstand you.
    I tought you were saying it should be the same value for all
    architectures.

    With the exception of frv (in param.h), COMMAND_LINE_SIZE is in setup.h
    on all architectures.

    Do we want to move it to a different header, or simply make param.h a
    userspace header on all architectures?

    > -hpa

    cu
    Adrian