SubjectRe: linux on Intel D915GOM oops
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:39:06 +0200
Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org> wrote:

> this is the known bug where by default Linux uses the BIOS services
> for PCI rather than the native method.
>
> try putting
>
> pci=conf2
>
> on the kerenl commandline
>
> (and you may want to try a kernel newer than 2.6.8 btw)

Thanks Arjan, I can boot now .. tho everything else after that goes to
a ball of shit .. still trying to get it up and running for an install
hehe

I had to use acpi=off as well ... this main-board doesn't seem to be
very stable ;P

--
Henti Smith
henti@geekware.co.za

DISCLAIMER :

Unauthorised use of characters, images, sounds, odors, severed limbs,
noodles, wierd dreams, strange looking fruit, oxygen, and certain parts
of Jupiter are strictly forbidden. If I find you violating, or
molesting my property in any way, I will employ a pair of burly
convicts to find you, kidnap you, and perform god-awful sexual
experiments on you until you lose the ability to sound out vowels. I
don't know why you are still reading this, but by doing so you have
proven that you have far too much time on your hands, and you should go
plant a tree, or read a book or something.
- http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/

  Last update: 2006-08-28 13:41    [W:0.040 / U:0.420 seconds]