    SubjectRe: [patch 2/8] Implement always-locked bit ops, for memory shared with an SMP hypervisor.
    On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Zachary Amsden wrote:

    > It needn't be all architectures yet - only architectures that want to compile
    > Xen drivers are really affected. Perhaps a better place for these locking
    > primitives is in a Xen-specific driver header which defines appropriate
    > primitives for the architectures required? Last I remember, there were still
    > some issues here where atomic partial word operations couldn't be supported on
    > some architectures.

    Good idea. This will also make it easier to support this special
    functionality. And it will avoid use in contexts where these are
    not necessary.

      Last update: 2006-08-03 03:29    [W:0.027 / U:28.852 seconds]