    SubjectRe: [Fastboot] [RFC] ELF Relocatable x86 and x86_64 bzImages
    Date
    Don Zickus <dzickus@redhat.com> writes:

    >> There is one outstanding issue where I am probably requiring too much
    > alignment
    >> on the arch/i386 kernel.
    >
    > There was posts awhile ago about optimizing the kernel performance by
    >
    > http://www.lkml.org/lkml/2006/2/23/189
    >
    > Your changes breaks that on i386 (not aligned on a 4MB boundary). But a
    > 5MB offset works. Is that the correct update or does that break the
    > original idea?

    That patch should still apply and work as described.

    Actually when this stuipd cold I have stops slowing me down,
    and I fix the alignment to what it really needs to be ~= 8KB.

    Then bootloaders should be able to make the decision.

    HPA Does that sound at all interesting?

    Eric

      Last update: 2006-08-03 03:05    [W:0.021 / U:63.276 seconds]