    SubjectRe: + espfix-code-cleanup.patch added to -mm tree
    Hi.

    Chuck Ebbert wrote:
    > Only problem I have with this is we lose the original fault info from
    > the iret. So we have no real way of knowing whether it was #GP, #NP, #SF
    > or whatever, and no record of the offending iret's address.
    Thanks for the precise explanation.
    There was also a problem with me reading the Intel's manual:
    it uses Pop() in their pseudo-code, and it Pop()'s the values
    *before* checking them. The description of the Pop() is very
    confusing:
    ---
    Pop() removes the value from the top of the stack and returns it.
    ---
    What "removes" means here is unclear. Whether it adjusts a stack
    pointer, is unclear. Since it is Pop(), I was assuming "removes"
    means it also adjusts the stack pointer, but now I see it was a
    wrong guess.

      Last update: 2006-08-02 21:31    [W:0.019 / U:2.956 seconds]