SubjectRe: [take9 2/2] kevent: poll/select() notifications. Timer notifications.
On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 05:40:32PM +0400, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> > What speaks against a patch the recplaces the epoll core by something that
> > build on kevent while still supporting the epoll interface as a compatibility
> > shim?
>
> There is no problem from my side, but epoll and kevent_poll differs on
> some aspects, so it can be better to not replace them for a while.

Please explain the differences and why they are important. We really
shouldn't keep on adding code without beeing able to replace older bits.
If there's a really good reason we can keep things separate, but

"epoll and kevent_poll differs on some aspects"

is not one :)

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans