    SubjectGadgetFS AIO problem
    From
    Hi Greg,
    This is regarding debugging a problem in GadgetFS AIO functionality. I'm
    working on an developing a USB user space driver on top of the GadgetFS
    Driver on Linux Kernel version 2.6.10. I'm using the AIO support of the
    GadgetFS driver in my design. When I make a io_getevents call from the
    user space, it hangs and never returns. I see that there is a patch
    released to fix this on 2.6.17 kernel
    (http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/usb/2.6/2.6.17/). I
    tried applying the following of patches in the same order as mentioned
    below

    usb-gadgetfs-highspeed-bugfix.patch (all the Hunks succeed)
    gadgetfs-fix-memory-leaks.patch (2 out of 6 Hunks, #4 and #6 FAILED)
    gadgetfs-fix-aio-interface-bugs.patch (all the Hunks succeed)

    After applying the patches, I get some memory faults when the io_submit is
    called. But the io_getevetns returns without reading any data. I don't
    know whether it matters, but the libaio version that I use is
    libaio-0.3.99.

    Please advice me on whether I'm applying the patches in the correct order
    or am I missing something here. If some one can give me a direction on how
    to go about fixing this, it would be great.

    Please mark a copy of your reply to my email id: shankar@mistralsoftware.com

    Thanks and Regards,
    Shankar

      Last update: 2006-08-17 18:51    [W:0.024 / U:3.588 seconds]