    SubjectRe: /dev/sd*
    Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > Gabor Gombas wrote:
    >> AFAIR long ago Linus said he'd like just one major number (and thus only
    >> one naming scheme) for every disk in the system; with /dev/sd* we're now
    >> getting there.
    >
    > Yep. /dev/disk is a long term goal :)
    >
    > Jeff
    >

    > -
    > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in

    I agree with Adrian, users are going to get confused if their devices
    are named something different once they switch to this new interface. So
    if we're going to confusing them why not just take the big leap and
    switch it over to /dev/disk? It seems to make more sense then to have
    all IDE and SATA users use /dev/sda for awhile only to down the road
    have to to switch to /dev/disk.

      Last update: 2006-08-17 05:21    [W:4.267 / U:0.140 seconds]