    SubjectRe: [take9 0/2] kevent: Generic event handling mechanism.
    On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 02:26:31PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig (hch@infradead.org) wrote:
    > On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 10:21:36AM +0400, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
    > >
    > > Generic event handling mechanism.
    >
    > Hi, I've just started looking into this, so some comments here first
    > on the submission process:
    >
    > - could you send new revisions of the patches in a new thread so one can
    > easily find them?

    Ok.

    > - the patch split is not very nice, your first patch adds Makefile and
    > Kconfig entries for files only in the second patch or not actually
    > submitted at all, that's a big no-no.

    It is done by scripts using list of files generated by git-diff, but I
    can reformat them to be in a way:
    core files
    poll/select
    timer
    any other
    main Kconfig/Makefile

    Kevent's makefile still contains all entries for files added later, is
    it a big problem right now?
    I can split patches manually, but it would be much better to do it when
    decision about it's inclusion is made, and until review and feature
    addiotion process is not completed generate patches as is...

    --
    Evgeniy Polyakov