    SubjectRe: What determines which interrupts are shared under Linux?
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > Ar Maw, 2006-08-15 am 10:24 -0500, ysgrifennodd Roger Heflin:
    >> I am currently retesting under to see if I have similar issues
    >> there, under that it show interrupts like below, different interrupt
    >> numbers,
    >> but similar sharing as ata1/ata2, and ata3/ata4 are on the same interrupt.
    > Thats what I would expect to see - two channels per PCI device is the
    > normal layout and they will always share the IRQ.

    After looking at other information that looks correct.

    It looks like the older DMA recovery code never works on this chipset,
    once it goes into DMA recovery it never comes out of it. I am looking
    at that to see if anything can be done about it.

    The problem I am having is that we cannot use a later kernel because it
    has some other issues (MPT fusion driver is 1/4 the speed of the older
    one for some unknown reason-this is in 2.6.17, the older MPT fusion works
    fine on exactly the same machine/cards/bios-I am not sure of the
    actual underlying casue of this slowdown).

    On the specific kernel that I have I appear to have both IDE and
    sata_nv drivers, is there a way to force things to use sata_nv/libata
    rather than the older ide driver for the NVIDIA sata controller?

      Last update: 2006-08-15 19:49    [W:0.021 / U:134.784 seconds]