SubjectGetting 'sync' to flush disk cache?
So...  has anybody given any thought to enabling fsync(2), fdatasync(2),
and sync_file_range(2) issuing a [FLUSH|SYNCHRONIZE] CACHE command?
This has bugged me for _years_, that Linux does not do this. Looking at
forums on the web, it bugs a lot of other people too.

My suggestion would be to add a FLUSH op alongside the existing READ and
WRITE[_SYNC] ops, rather than passing down WRITE_SYNC. Why? Doing so
maintains a 1-1 translation between requests and disk commands, and it
would allow MD and DM more flexibility in handling this operation.

But that's just a guess. I'm open to suggestions.

Jeff

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans