SubjectRe: Touchpad problems with latest kernels
Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 14 August 2006 11:06, Ian Stirling wrote:
>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I'm having similar problems with an HP Pavilian dv5220, and with a
>>> bluetooth mouse dongle plugged into the right side usb port it works
>>> just fine. What I'd like to do is totally disable that synaptics pad
>>> as its way too sensitive, making it impossible to type more than a line
>>> or 2
>> Enable the proper USB options, point X/GPM to /dev/input/mouse1 - or
>> whatever.
>
> Please describe how to do this and it will be done forthwith.

Actually - I think it should be stock.
Try cat /dev/input/mouse0 - and moving the mouse/trackpad. if this
generates random text, then you're done.
/dev/input/mice is a fake device that globs all the mice in the system
together.
/dev/input/mouse[n] is the nth mouse on the system.
Also - you can just go to device drivers/input - and disable the ps/2
mouse driver.
Set up X and GPM to use /dev/input/mouse1 - if this is your USB mouse,
and it just works.

  Last update: 2006-08-14 17:45    [W:0.062 / U:0.232 seconds]