    SubjectRe: Announcing free software graphics drivers for Intel i965 chipset
    Keith Packard wrote:
    > The Intel Open Source Technology Center graphics team is pleased to announce
    > the immediate availability of free software drivers for the Intel® 965
    > Express Chipset family graphics controller. These drivers include support
    > for 2D and 3D graphics features for the newest generation Intel graphics
    > architecture. The project Web site is

    Very cool, and I definitely applaud Intel for supporting open source
    here. A couple questions...

    * is the 3D stuff available from git somewhere? The download filename
    includes "-git-", but the checkout instructions reference cvs.

    * is anyone working on a more dynamic GLSL compilation system? i.e. a
    "JIT", in compiler technology terms.

      Last update: 2006-08-10 08:11    [W:0.019 / U:41.572 seconds]