    SubjectRe: uswsusp history lesson [was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: swsusp / suspend2 reliability]
    Date
    Hi.

    On Sunday 09 July 2006 09:54, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > Hi!

    > > > uswsusp is as fast as suspend2. It does same LZF compression.
    > >
    > > I agree for uncompressed images - I tried timing the writing of the image
    > > yesterday. I'm not sure about LZF though, because I couldn't get it to
    > > resume. I'd be interested to see it really be as fast as suspend2 with
    > > compression.
    >
    > Is there any way to help you? I assume normal swsusp resumes okay so
    > it is not driver problem?

    That's right. I'll see if I can figure it out tomorrow, Lord willing. I
    have /dev/snapshot in my initrd but it gives that prompt asking for the
    device name. By the way, will it sit there foreever, or does that have a
    timeout?

    > > > Do you think you could get some repeatable benchmark for Rafael? He
    > > > worked quite hard on feature only to find out it makes little
    > > > difference...
    > >
    > > Sure, but it will mean more if all of the tests are run on the same
    > > system, so I'll have another go at getting uswsusp to resume, when I get
    > > the chance.
    >
    > Thanks.

    No problem.

    Nigel

    --
    Nigel, Michelle and Alisdair Cunningham
    5 Mitchell Street

      Last update: 2006-07-09 02:05    [W:2.461 / U:0.152 seconds]