    SubjectRe: [Suspend2-devel] Re: uswsusp history lesson

    > > > Very often, choice is good. but for something this fundamental, it is
    > > > not. We also don't have 2 scsi layers for example.
    > >
    > > We have 2 ide layers, 2 usb-storage drivers, 2 sound systems and we
    > (We've had effectively two SCSI layers before now btw when we've done
    > transitions from old_eh to new_eh)
    > > have had 2 pcmcia subsystems and 2 usb subsystems. At one point, it's
    > > the only way to find out what will work out. Suspend2 and uswsusp
    > > have very different fundamental designs, and it's quite unclear at
    > > that point which one is the right one.
    > I'd like to see this cleared up at OLS/Kernel summit.

    Unless something very wrong happens, I'll be at OLS/Kernel summit. is going to be interesting week. I expect apparmor flamefest,
    and this... Any idea where to buy cheap asbestos underwear? :-)
    (cesky, pictures)

      Last update: 2006-07-09 02:01    [W:0.019 / U:2.076 seconds]