    SubjectRe: [Suspend2-devel] Re: uswsusp history lesson
    Hi!

    > > so that it's as
    > > feature-rich as the other one.
    >
    > this is one of the things that bothers me.
    > "features features features"
    > lets first get the basics right and working.
    > Once we have that in tree for a release or two and it's really
    > reliable... THEN and only THEN work on adding features.

    It is okay... we are pretty careful, and most of those features are in
    userspace code. As long as code does not damage the image in progress
    (and I believe we have checksum there), more features should not
    really hurt.

    Besides, that is what this flamefest is about. Nigel wants all those
    features in kernel, claims it can not be done incrementally, and due
    to the design, he's probably right. uswsusp can do most/all of them in
    userspace.
    Pavel