    SubjectRe: libATA PATA status report, new patch
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > With the exception of HPA and serialize support its now pretty close to
    > a straight replacement for drivers/ide on x86 systems (and boxes using
    > PCI devices only). There is other stuff that wants improving still like
    > error recovery on CRC, but its getting close.
    > Please remember that functionality equivalence, and much cleaner code
    > doesn't mean less bugs yet, there is a *lot* of testing and hammering on
    > the code needed before it is production ready for switching.
    > for 2.6.16-rc2 patches.

    I wanted to try this today on 2.6.17 but there is no patch for that version
    and the patch for 2.6.17-rc4 doesn't apply cleanly. Do you have a newer
    patch for this or do I just need to use the ole shoe horn?

    Got Gas???

      Last update: 2006-07-07 18:33    [W:0.021 / U:16.204 seconds]