    SubjectRe: Implement class_device_update_dev() function
    On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 12:59:52AM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
    > Hi Greg,
    >
    > for the Bluetooth subsystem integration into the driver model it is
    > required that we can update the device of a class device at any time.

    You can? Ick.

    That messes with my "get rid of struct class_device" plans a bit...

    > For the RFCOMM TTY device for example we create the TTY device and only
    > when it got opened we create the Bluetooth connection. Once this new
    > connection has been created we have a device to attach to the class
    > device of the TTY.
    >
    > I came up with the attached patch and it worked fine with the Bluetooth
    > RFCOMM layer.

    But userspace should also find out about this change, and this patch
    prevents that from happening. What about just tearing down the class
    device and creating a new one? That way userspace knows about the new
    linkage properly, and any device naming and permission issues can be
    handled anew?

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2006-07-07 02:05    [W:4.030 / U:0.064 seconds]