    SubjectRe: metadata plugins (was Re: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by regarding reiser4 inclusion)
    Łukasz Mierzwa wrote:
    > Dnia Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:31:59 +0200, David Masover <>
    > napisał:
    >> Nikita Danilov wrote:
    >>> As you see, ext2 code already has multiple file "plugins", with
    >>> persistent "plugin id" (stored in i_mode field of on-disk struct
    >>> ext2_inode).
    >> Aha! So here's another question: Is it fair to ask Reiser4 to make its
    >> plugins generic, or should we be asking ext2/3 first?
    > Doesn't iptables have plugins? Maybe we should make them generic so
    > other packet filters can use them ;)

    Hey, yeah! I mean, not everyone wants to run the ipchains emulation on
    top of iptables! Some people really want to run ipchains with iptables

    It is REALLY time for this discussion to get technical again, and to go
    way, way over my head. And it's time for me to go build my MythTV box,
    and see if I can shake out some Reiser4 bugs.

      Last update: 2006-07-30 17:37    [W:0.019 / U:32.272 seconds]