    SubjectRe: Driver for Microsoft USB Fingerprint Reader
    A: No.

    On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 04:53:43PM -0400, Daniel Bonekeeper wrote:
    > hahahaha I wish I could... well, you are _always_ welcome to donate me
    > yours ! =P
    > I'll try more later to get one of those readers...
    >
    > Reading Greg's comment, now I'm in doubt if this should really be in
    > kernel mode or at userspace. Since there is no standard (AFAIK) for
    > those readers, how should it be done ?

    It all depends on what you want the userspace interface to be.

    > Another thing: where can I find documentation about the USB
    > architecture ?

    www.usb.org for the USB specs. See the kernel built-in documentation
    for a full document on how the Linux USB layer works.

    > For example, I suppose that some (or all) USB devices may have DMA
    > capabilities... how is this done ?

    Heh, no, USB can't do DMA at all. Why would you think they could? It's
    a serial bus that just streams data across it at relativly slow speeds.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2006-07-03 23:51    [W:2.275 / U:0.020 seconds]