    SubjectRe: Driver for Microsoft USB Fingerprint Reader
    Daniel Bonekeeper wrote:
    > Hello Alon !
    > Unfortunately I don't have an accessible thinkpad laptop (luckly the
    > external usb devices may work the same way). From the USB readers at
    > http://www.upek.com/products/usb.asp, which one do you think that fits
    > better the hardware on your laptop ?

    I think that the TCRE3C is similar to the laptop one. I also
    hope that it is the same... Also the laptop integrated one
    is USB device.

    Here is my device information:

    Bus 003 Device 011: ID 0483:2016 SGS Thomson Microelectronics
    Device Descriptor:
    bLength 18
    bDescriptorType 1
    bcdUSB 1.00
    bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
    bDeviceSubClass 0
    bDeviceProtocol 0
    bMaxPacketSize0 8
    idVendor 0x0483 SGS Thomson Microelectronics
    idProduct 0x2016
    bcdDevice 0.01
    iManufacturer 1 STMicroelectronics
    iProduct 2 Biometric Coprocessor
    iSerial 0
    bNumConfigurations 1
    Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 2
    wTotalLength 39
    bNumInterfaces 1
    bConfigurationValue 1
    iConfiguration 0
    bmAttributes 0xa0
    Remote Wakeup
    MaxPower 100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 4
    bInterfaceNumber 0
    bAlternateSetting 0
    bNumEndpoints 3
    bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
    bInterfaceSubClass 0
    bInterfaceProtocol 0
    iInterface 0
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
    bmAttributes 2
    Transfer Type Bulk
    Synch Type None
    Usage Type Data
    wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes
    bInterval 0
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x02 EP 2 OUT
    bmAttributes 2
    Transfer Type Bulk
    Synch Type None
    Usage Type Data
    wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes
    bInterval 0
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN
    bmAttributes 3
    Transfer Type Interrupt
    Synch Type None
    Usage Type Data
    wMaxPacketSize 0x0004 1x 4 bytes
    bInterval 20

    > I was looking for any place that sells those devices and I could not
    > find any online (even though I found lots of SDK and matching engines
    > that supports them, like VeriFinger).
    >
    > Is there any place where I can buy one of those readers ?

    Oh... I really don't know...
    You can buy a new laptop :)

    Best Regards,
    Alon Bar-Lev.

      Last update: 2006-07-03 20:19    [W:0.027 / U:0.304 seconds]