SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion
On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 11:17:41PM +0200, andrea@cpushare.com wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 10:50:22PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > But depending on the nature of the error, the worst case might be the
> > common case (as I've already explained in another email).
> >
> > If you can't ensure the quality of your data, please don't use this data
> > to wrongly draw any conclusions from them [1].
>
> Please read the footer of the KLive pages:
>
> "The use of the information and of the software in this website is at
> your own risk. KLive probably doesn't represent a reliable sample of
> the real usage of the Linux Kernel."

It was you who wrongly said:
"With KLive I can attempt to estimate market share of _kernel_ code"

Hadn't you read your own disclaimer?

> Said that pretending that KLive data has absolutely no significance at
> all and that you can't draw any conclusion at all from it, to me seems
> as wrong as pretending it to perfect.

Possibly wrong conclusions about the general market share based on data
not having the quality for being the basis of such statements are worse
than having no data.

Every time someone will repeat the "1:5 ratio for reiser4:ext3 users",
this will be an additional proof it's really worse than no data.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed