SubjectRe: kernel panic when sending MIDI sequencer events
At Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:39:44 -0700,
Nathan Becker wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply. The error message is "Kernel panic - not
> syncing: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
> To get the crash, I used Rosegarden to try to play a MIDI file.
> Sometimes the crash happens upon loading a file and sometimes it
> happens after I try to play it.
> I tried disabling CONFIG_SND_RTCTIMER and I think that the kernel
> panic has stopped. I have tested it several times and rebooted a
> couple of times and there was no crash. I'm not 100% certain though
> because this problem has been slightly intermitent, although usually
> easily reproducible.

So, this looks like a bug around rtc and ALSA timer. Or, possibly

> I'm pasting my kernel config below. Could this just be a problem with
> my settings? Should I try to hook up a serial console to get more
> details out of the panic? When I have some free time I could try that
> if it might help you.

Could you try once without HPET support, just to be sure?
Anyway, it'd be appreciated if you can get the full log at panic.

  Last update: 2006-07-27 19:23    [W:0.051 / U:2.548 seconds]