    SubjectRe: Re: [RFC/PATCH] revoke/frevoke system calls V2
    On 7/27/06, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
    > That should be three I think. frevoke and revoke should not return until
    > all the existing outstanding is dead. For devices that means we need to
    > wake up the device where possible and really suggests we need a device
    > ->revoke method. TTY devices need this to allow us to re-implement
    > vhangup in terms of revoke. Other devices devices are not all
    > sufficiently secure without this check. Some may also want to use this
    > hook to ensure that any security context is dead (eg cached crypto
    > keys).

    Don't device drivers already do that for f_ops->flush (filp_close) and
    vm_ops->close (munmap)? What revoke and frevoke do is basically
    unmap/fsync/close on all the open file descriptors.

    Pekka

      Last update: 2006-07-27 17:35    [W:0.023 / U:30.996 seconds]