SubjectBuilding the kernel on an SMP box?
Good morning all!

Currently I'm building my kernels on a Dell PE 1800 3.0GHz. My dilemma
is that I build and rebuild the kernel about twenty times a day and even
though it only takes about 20 minutes, that's rapidly becoming too slow!
Today it's the 2.6.17 kernel on FC5 that I'm building with.

I see all these blurbs out there about someone being able to build a
complete kernel in under a minute or running an SMP build across
multiple CPUS and/or multiple machines.

So, to ask the group that should know the best ... What would be a
reasonable configuration to get my builds down under five minutes or so?
And then to go to the extreme, what kind of horsepower should I be
looking for if I want get the build times down to say a minute or so???

Thanks!

:b!

Brian D. McGrew { brian@visionpro.com || brian@doubledimension.com }
--
> This is a test. This is only a test!
Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been
told to cancel this test and seek professional assistance!