From: Christoph Hellwig <>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:04:31 +0100

> And to be honest, I don't think adding all this code is acceptable
> if it can't replace the existing aio code while keeping the
> interface. So while you interface looks pretty sane the
> implementation needs a lot of work still :)

Networking and disk AIO have significantly different needs.

Therefore, I really don't see it as reasonable to expect
a merge of these two things. It doesn't make any sense.

I do agree that this stuff needs to be cleaned up, all the get_block
etc. hacks have to be pulled out and abstracted properly. That part
of the kevent changes are indeed still crap :)