    SubjectRe: [3/4] kevent: AIO, aio_sendfile() implementation.
    From
    From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org>
    Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:04:31 +0100

    > And to be honest, I don't think adding all this code is acceptable
    > if it can't replace the existing aio code while keeping the
    > interface. So while you interface looks pretty sane the
    > implementation needs a lot of work still :)

    Networking and disk AIO have significantly different needs.

    Therefore, I really don't see it as reasonable to expect
    a merge of these two things. It doesn't make any sense.

    I do agree that this stuff needs to be cleaned up, all the get_block
    etc. hacks have to be pulled out and abstracted properly. That part
    of the kevent changes are indeed still crap :)

      Last update: 2006-07-26 12:15    [W:0.021 / U:0.576 seconds]