SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion
On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 04:28:54PM +0200, andrea@cpushare.com wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 03:43:26PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > My distribution example was just one example of what happens when you
> > wrongly try to estimate a marked share based on klive data (and it seems
>
> You're again wrong generalizing. With KLive I can attempt to estimate
> market share of _kernel_ code (what Hans did), but you can't attempt
> to estimate market share of userland (what you did). It won't be a
> smile at the end making your statement right.

No, you can't estimate the market share of kernel code based on klive
data.

Someone said in this thread 'is used by (tens of) thousands of computers
in governmental laboratories the US "national security" depends upon.'

klive will never get any feedback from such users.

But the computer freak using Gentoo and always trying the latest things
like reiser4 is relatively likely to also use klive.

> The estimate market share of kernel code may not be accurate but it
> has some minor significance.

You are able to say that based on klive data, reiser4 has at least
35 users in the world.

But you can not tell based on klive data whether the ratio of
reiser4:ext3 users in the world is more like 1:5, 1:500 or 1:50000.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed