    SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by regarding reiser4 inclusion
    On Tuesday 25 July 2006 19:47, Hans Reiser wrote:
    > Wow, I would never have guessed our market share was that high as 1/5th
    > of ext3. I mean, you can't even get a distro which allows you to
    > install onto reiser4 without hours of work so far as I know. I guess
    > there are people who really do care about twice as fast.
    > Hans

    Yes, this was a pleasant surprise indeed :)

    This useless mail from a mere user is just to testify that I've used reiser4
    on my laptop since June 2004, and that, barring occasional hiccups, I never
    had serious problems with it. In fact I haven't lost a single bit of data
    despite crashes and cold shutdowns due to power outage.

    I don't know if this means something or if I've just been lucky, but it seems
    to me that when reiser4 crashes (and sometimes it does, given its young age),
    it behaves very very well. That's the thing that impressed me the most (and
    it is really something, given for example the debacle of a mature filesystem
    like XFS in 2.6.17). Oh, and performance, of course ;)

    I really hope that the technical difficulties that are preventing reiser4 from
    entering mainline will be sorted out soon.

    Francesco (crawling back in the shadow)

    Dr. Francesco Biscani
    Dipartimento di Astronomia
    Università di Padova

      Last update: 2006-07-25 21:23    [W:0.022 / U:2.552 seconds]