SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Anyone who fails to respect the kernel development process, the process
> of building consensus, is turn not respected, flamed, and/or ignored.

That reminds me of the old "layer 8 and 9" extensions to the OSI/ISO
layering model. Layer 8: financial, Layer 9: policital.

SCNR.

> With you in particular, you demonstrated NO interest in maintaining
> reiser3, once reiser4 began to make a splash. Linux kernel code exists
> for DECADES, and as such, long term maintenance is a CRITICAL aspect of
> development.
>
> Regardless of whatever new whiz-bang technology exists in reiser4, there
> is a very real worry that you will abandon reiser4 once its in the tree
> for a few years, just like what happened with reiser3.

The most worrying point was that reiser3 maintenance was given up at the
point where it was just about to transition from usable to mature.

--
Matthias Andree