SubjectRe: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion
Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 01:46:18PM -0600, Hans Reiser wrote:
>> Consider what happened with XFS as the article writer mentions. I met
>> the original XFS team, led by two very senior developers (Jim Grey, and
>> another fellow whose name I am blanking on, forgive me, I learned much
>> from him in just a few conversations).
>
> I believe you are referring to Jim Mostek and Steve Lord, and yes,
> they were very talented developers and engineers. I very much enjoyed
> talking to them at various filesystem and Linux conferences and
> workshops.
>
>> supervision. What happened? They got hassled. Instead of learning
>> from them, welcoming into our community two very senior developers who
>> knew a lot more than any of us about the topics they chose to speak
>> about, they got hassled, they get ignored, they felt rejected, and left
>> the Linux community forever, never to return.
>
> That's hardly what happened. SGI went through layoffs, and they were
> hit. See: http://slashdot.org/articles/01/05/26/0743254.shtml

Jim & Steve were never laid off from SGI. SGI mgmt -was- smarter than that ;)
Neither account above is 100% correct, but I won't speak further on behalf of
these gentlemen...

-Eric

  Last update: 2006-07-22 16:33    [W:0.217 / U:2.448 seconds]