    SubjectRe: Suspend to RAM regression tracked down
    Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
    > A while ago, I reported a suspend to RAM regression (fail to resume). I
    > have since then tracked down the regression to the changes between
    > 2.6.12-rc5-git5 and 2.6.12-rc5-git6. On my laptop, I have only been able
    > to reproduce the problem with the ondemand cpufreq governor, but I've
    > head of another user with the same (Dell D600) laptop having problem
    > with the userspace governor as well. All the details are actually
    > but it seems like it's
    > being ignored. It's currently assigned to the ACPI category, but maybe
    > it belongs to cpufreq? Anyone can help here?

    There was a race in ondemand and conservative which made them lock up on
    resume (possibly only on SMP systems though). There's a patch for that
    in current -mm, but I suspect there's another problem (still haven't had
    any time to track it down).

    The workaround is to switch to one of the performance/powersave/user
    governors just before suspend, and restore the governor on resume.

      Last update: 2006-07-02 20:08    [W:0.027 / U:5.496 seconds]