SubjectRe: Improvement on memory subsystem
> Which, like I said, is not enough to hold slab management structures
> (we need an array of bufctl_t in addition to struct slab).

Here, the off-slab is the same as the off-slab concept of Linux,
doesn't Linux stores bufctl_t array in its off-slab object?

I consider that we should try our best to explore the potential of
page structure. In my OS, page structure is just like a union and is
cast into different types according to its flag field.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans