SubjectRe: reiserFS?
It is a sad reflection that we have these regular 'fs wars'; and that
most of them are driven by peoples bad experiences with particular
filesystems.

That leads me to ask what level of testing is performed on each
filesystem - are there filesystem torture tests that are getting
run by someone (who?) on various filesystems (preferably on large
TB sized ones, preferably with simulated failures and resets)?
The discussions on Ext4 a few weeks ago made me think that the
thing I'd value more than anything else would be a damn good
test regime.

It would be much nicer if the fs wars came down to peoples
particularly good experiences with filesystems rather than people
selecting file systems based on which one has lost them data most
rarely.

Dave

P.S. For the record I use Reiser for large (>500GB) fs since
I couldn't get Ext3 stable on one a year or so ago and xfs failed
the 'recover from hitting reset' test. A couple of years
ago I wouldn't touch Reiser because of NFS issues, but it seems
to have grown out of that.
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /