    SubjectRe: uswsusp history lesson [was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: swsusp / suspend2 reliability]
    Date
    Hi,

    On Wednesday 12 July 2006 01:00, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > On Wednesday 12 July 2006 08:34, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

    > > > Ah ok. Are you sure you're getting that sort of throughput with LZF
    > > > though - if you're not, you might be underestimating the advantage.
    > >
    > > Certainly I don't get that kind of speedup for writing. For reading I do.
    >
    > Hmm. I would have expected it to be the other way round, since I guess you
    > need to do the reading synchronously - or do you read the image, then
    > decompress it? (I'm reading and decompressing at the same time, using
    > readahead to avoid waiting for pages all the time).

    We're doing something like you are, but I think we're using some other option
    in LZF, because the resulting image size is 30-40% of the uncompressed one.
    That's better for encryption later on, but obviously not for speed.

    Greetings,
    Rafael

      Last update: 2006-07-12 12:11    [W:0.027 / U:62.548 seconds]