SubjectRFC: cleaning up the in-kernel headers
I'd like to cleanup the mess of the in-kernel headers, based on the
following rules:
- every header should #include everything it uses
- remove unneeded #include's from headers

This would also remove all the implicit rules "before #include'ing
header foo.h, you must #include header bar.h" you usually only see when
the compilation fails.

There might be exceptions (e.g. for avoiding circular #include's) but
these would be special cases.

As a side effect, this might also lead to additional cleanups.

This might cause some breakages, but it should usually only be compile
breakages I'll fix as soon as I see them (or anyone else reports them
to me).

My plan is to create a git tree where I'll work on this that will be
included in -mm.

Is this OK for everyone?

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

  Last update: 2006-07-11 18:09    [W:0.130 / U:2.580 seconds]