SubjectRe: [klibc] klibc and what's the next step?
 On Tue, Jul 11, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> > > When you load a SCSI driver (the one that bit me was the MPT Fusion
> > > driver), it no longer waits for SCSI bus probe to finish before
> > > returning. So the RHEL4 initrd fails to find the root filesystem, and
> > > bombs out. This change was definitely made after 2.6.0, and is an
> > > example of the sort of change which wouldn't have happened if kinit
> > > was under the kernel sources and not supplied by the distro.
> >
> > Was RHEL4 designed for 2.6?
>
> Yes (it uses 2.6.9).

Ok, I suspect RHEL9 doesnt work with root on usb-storage or sbp2 either?
If so, not a big deal. in-kernel kinit wouldnt work any better if it lacks
support for async probing. But I dont know the details about the mpt failure.

  Last update: 2006-07-11 17:51    [W:0.091 / U:1.844 seconds]