SubjectRe: [Suspend2-devel] Re: uswsusp history lesson
Hi!

> > > this is one of the things that bothers me.
> > > "features features features"
> > > lets first get the basics right and working.
> > > Once we have that in tree for a release or two and it's really
> > > reliable... THEN and only THEN work on adding features.
> > >
> > hmm...could it be that we "features, features, features" in suspend2
> > because nigel & co did get the basics right?
>
> As I said... if that is the case then it'd be easy to first merge "the
> right basics", get that solid, and THEN add the features. So far I've
> not seen that happen.

Well.. Nigel claims his code can not be split into reasonable chunks.

I actually wanted to get a version without advanced features
(userspace splash, compression, encryption, plugins), but he claims it
is not possible. Rafael is trying to persuade him to split out at
least freezer out...
Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!