    SubjectRe: [BUG] APM resume breakage from 2.6.18-rc1 clocksource changes
    Hi,

    On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, john stultz wrote:

    > > > APM can only keep interrupts disabled on non-IBM machines, presumably
    > > > due to BIOS problems.
    > >
    > > Is it possible to disable the timer interrupt before suspend and just
    > > reinit the timer afterwards?
    >
    > The timer interrupt is re-enabled, via the timer_sysclass::resume hook,
    > while the timekeeping code is re-enabled via the
    > timekeeping_sysclass::resume hook. The issue being that I'm not sure
    > there's a defined way to specify the .resume calling order.
    >
    > The timekeeping_suspended flag is a bit heavy handed, but I think it
    > might be the safest bet (assuming Mikael finds it works for him).

    As temporary measure it's ok, but please add a comment, that it's there
    because of broken suspend/resume ordering.
    That's another reason why I think that keeping interrupt handling and
    timekeeping separate is illusionary.

    bye, Roman

      Last update: 2006-07-11 01:03    [W:0.020 / U:64.520 seconds]