SubjectRe: [BUG] APM resume breakage from 2.6.18-rc1 clocksource changes
Hi!

> > >Huh. It seems you're getting an interrupt before timekeeping_resume()
> > >runs (which resets cycle_last). I'll look over the code and see if I can
> > >sort out why it works w/ ACPI suspend, but not APM, or if the
> > >resume/interrupt-enablement bit is just racy in general.
> >
> > I forgot to mention this, but I had a debug printk() in apm.c
> > which showed that irqs_disabled() == 0 at the point when APM
> > resumes the kernel.
>
> So it seems possible that the timer tick will be enabled before the
> timekeeping resume code runs. I'm not sure why this isn't seen w/ ACPI
> suspend/resume, as I think they're using the same
> sysdev_class .suspend/.resume bits.

ACPI actually keeps interrupts disabled, always.

APM can only keep interrupts disabled on non-IBM machines, presumably
due to BIOS problems.

Could we get some sanity check into looping function? If timesource
goes backwards, at least somehow reporting it would be nice...
Pavel