SubjectProblem related to Red Hat Linux kernel 2.6.9-5.EL
Date
Hi ,

I have a problem with kernel 2.6.9-5. EL that is enterprise
version of Red Hat linux. I am trying to run 500 or more processes
parallely with TETware distributed test harness (that can schedule processes
parallely and using its synchronisizing mechanism) but after running for
some time some processes get stuck at futex system call and waiting
infinetly that i found with strace utility.Can you please tell me whether
its bug of kernel or it has something to do with my program and setup.
If is a bug then can you tell me the patch available to fix this
problem and where can i find that...

My machine's configuration is as follows
Processor- P IV 3Ghz
Ram - 2 GB

waiting for your reply
Regards
Rajeev

  Last update: 2006-06-08 10:59    [W:0.038 / U:0.220 seconds]