SubjectRe: what processor family does intel core duo L2400 belong to?

Barry K. Nathan wrote:
> On 6/8/06, George Nychis <gnychis@cmu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Put me in your shoes, what would you test to see which one is the true
>> choice?
>

> I'd start by seeing which one (if either) will boot the system (with
> CONFIG_X86_GENERIC disabled). In the past, when I've had trouble
> deciding, this has actually eliminated more possibilities than you
> might expect.
>
> Beyond that, I don't know for certain what I would test with. Perhaps
> I'd start with lmbench, or if I was using the system for 3D stuff,
> perhaps framerates from glxgears or a 3D game. If I was using the
> system for network stuff, I'd run network benchmarks. (Perhaps disk
> benchmarks would be good too, but my experience is that network
> performance tends to suffer first and/or more severely, especially if
> Gigabit Ethernet or slow CPU's are involved.)
>
> If both choices boot, the performance difference may be quite small.

Both booted... I was hoping this would be a lot more straight forward :P
I am getting the feeling that pentium-m might outperform... my true P4
computer is in family 15, whereas my PIII is in family 6, just like the
Core Duo L2400

  Last update: 2006-06-09 03:31    [W:0.038 / U:0.032 seconds]