    SubjectRe: klibc (was: 2.6.18 -mm merge plans)
    Date
    Followup to:  <200606071400.49980.ncunningham@linuxmail.org>
    By author: Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham@linuxmail.org>
    In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

    > Hi.
    >
    > Sorry for coming in late. I've only just resubscribed after my move.
    >
    > Not sure who originally said this...

    > Could I get more explanation of what this means and its implications? I'm
    > thinking in particular about the implications for suspending to disk. Will it
    > imply that everyone will _have_ to have an initramfs with some userspace
    > program that sets up device nodes and so on, even if at the moment all you
    > have is root=/dev/hda1 resume2=swap:/dev/hda2?

    Yes. That initramfs is embedded in the kernel image.

    > Along similar lines, I had been considering eventually including support for
    > putting an image in place of the initrd (for embedded).

    You can still override the default buildin initramfs. Then you get
    the benefit of not carrying a bunch of code with you that can never be
    executed.

    -hpa

      Last update: 2006-06-07 06:13    [W:0.022 / U:0.696 seconds]