SubjectRe: 2.6.17-rc6-rt1
Hi Ingo,
Since the Gentoo Pro-Audio overlay guys were so quick to get
2.6.17-rc6-rt1 into an ebuild I downloaded and built the kernel this
evening using that method.

1) The kernel did boot on my AMD64 machine.

2) gdm segfaulted so I couldn't run X.

3) Basic functionality was available in a console window.

I expect the gdm problem is on my end. Maybe it's a VGA driver
issue or something like that? I'll check that out tomorrow.

Anyway, it does boot so that's a start.

Cheers,
Mark

On 6/7/06, Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
> i have released the 2.6.17-rc6-rt1 tree, which can be downloaded from
> the usual place:
>
> http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/
>
> the biggest change was the port to 2.6.17-rc6, and the moving to John's
> latest and greatest GTOD queue. Most of the porting was done by Thomas
> Gleixner (thanks Thomas!). We also picked up the freshest genirq queue
> from -mm and the freshest PI-futex patchset. There are also lots of ARM
> fixups and enhancements from Deepak Saxena and Daniel Walker.
>
> if we accidentally dropped some fix in the process then please complain.
> x86 and x86_64 build and boot, but some initial rough edges are to be
> expected. Deepak, your ARM-GTOD patches are included but not tested yet.
>
> to build a 2.6.17-rc6-rt1 tree, the following patches should be applied:
>
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.16.tar.bz2
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/patch-2.6.17-rc6.bz2
> http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/patch-2.6.17-rc6-rt1
>
> Ingo
> -

  Last update: 2006-06-08 05:52    [W:0.197 / U:2.568 seconds]