SubjectAutomatic bug hunting

Related with the recent times _perceived_ increase in the number of bugs of
the Kernel. I have found the following website:
http://scan.coverity.com/

They use automatic statis source code test for a number of projects including
the Linux kernel.

I've not registered so I don't know what kind of bugs have been found but it's
very unlikely that they have found "I don't have the hardware to fix this"
kind of bugs. They surely are clear bugs, similar to those found by the
automatic test for locking problems.

I think this is a good source to check before doing a stable release. Unlikely
human's bugs report, those report should be clear enought. We may aim for
being "coverity free" before each major version (check it before 2.6.17).

--
Jordi Polo