    SubjectRe: klibc (was: 2.6.18 -mm merge plans)
    Date
    Followup to:  <200606062256.55472.rjw@sisk.pl>
    By author: "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl>
    In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

    > > It allows me to unify swsusp & uswsusp into one in future, for
    > > example, reducing code duplication.
    >
    > [cough] How distant is the future you're referring to?

    Shouldn't be far, since most of the code is already written.

    One major advantage of klibc is that it allows most of the
    initialization code to both be re-used as standalone programs as well
    as be tested in normal userspace. The former lets distributions
    stitch it together any way they want, and the latter should reduce
    bugs (especially since it's combined with what is a decent-sized
    subset of the POSIX programming model, as opposed to the much more
    difficult kernel programming model.)

    -hpa

      Last update: 2006-06-07 05:41    [W:0.021 / U:60.460 seconds]