SubjectRe: [patch-rt 1/2] Remove existing time code from ARM architecture
On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 15:29 -0700, dsaxena@plexity.net wrote:
> plain text document attachment (arm-generic-timeofday.patch)
> This patch removes do_gettimeofday(), do_setttimeofday() and associated
> time functions from ARM so that it can use the generic time-of-day code.
> Each sub-arch must explicitly enable CONFIG_IS_TICK_BASED if it does
> not have continous timer source.

It might be good to define CONFIG_IS_TICK_BASED for the other ARM arches
so they continue to build after your changes. Otherwise it looks good to
me.

Another aside: CONFIG_IS_TICK_BASED also goes away w/ the Cx series. So
there you will want to conditionally enable GENERIC_TIME if you have a
clocksources defined and just wrap the old get/set_timeofday() w/ ifndef
CONFIG_GENERIC_TIME until all the sub-arches have been converted. Don't
worry too much, I'll lend a hand here when the time comes to update -rt,
so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

thanks
-john

  Last update: 2006-06-06 01:16    [W:0.066 / U:0.420 seconds]