    SubjectRe: 2.6.17-rc5-mm1
    On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Martin Bligh wrote:

    > > How was the kernel compiled? It must have been running on a NUMA system for
    > > page migration to be enabled. Otherwise the fallback definitions in
    > > include/linux/swapops.h should remove all the swap migration entry handling.
    >
    > x86_64 NUMA. Config is here:
    > http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mbligh/config/abat/amd64
    >
    > mtest01 was what killed it, IIRC.

    CONFIG_MIGRATION is not set, no CONFIG_MIGRATION entry is in .config, so
    page migration was not compiled in. You also forgot to do "make oldconfig"
    when building the kernel. If you do a "make oldconfig" then your kernel
    will be build with page migration support.

    Either what we see is due to code rearrangement or there is something wrong with
    the fallback definitions in include/linux/swapops.h.

    The swapless-pm-add-r-w-migration-entries.patch also introduces Hugh's
    reversal of the anon_vma list.

      Last update: 2006-06-05 21:29    [W:2.125 / U:0.628 seconds]