    SubjectRe: [Patch][RFC] Disabling per-tgid stats on task exit in taskstats
    Andrew Morton wrote:

    >>Yup...the per-cpu, high speed requirements are up relayfs' alley, unless
    >>Jamal or netlink folks
    >>are planning something (or can shed light on) how large flows can be
    >>managed over netlink. I suspect
    >>this discussion has happened before :-)
    >

    > yeah.

    And now I remember why I didn't go down that path earlier. Relayfs is one-way
    kernel->user and lacks the ability to send query commands from user space
    that we need. Either we would need to send commands up through a separate interface
    (even a syscall) or try and ensure that the exiting genetlink interface can
    scale better with message volume (including throttling).

    --Shailabh

      Last update: 2006-06-30 00:17    [W:4.903 / U:0.008 seconds]