SubjectRe: [Patch][RFC] Disabling per-tgid stats on task exit in taskstats
Andrew Morton wrote:

>>Yup...the per-cpu, high speed requirements are up relayfs' alley, unless
>>Jamal or netlink folks
>>are planning something (or can shed light on) how large flows can be
>>managed over netlink. I suspect
>>this discussion has happened before :-)
>

> yeah.

And now I remember why I didn't go down that path earlier. Relayfs is one-way
kernel->user and lacks the ability to send query commands from user space
that we need. Either we would need to send commands up through a separate interface
(even a syscall) or try and ensure that the exiting genetlink interface can
scale better with message volume (including throttling).

--Shailabh

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans