SubjectRe: [Patch][RFC] Disabling per-tgid stats on task exit in taskstats
Paul Jackson wrote:

>Andrew wrote:
>

>>a) throw more CPU(s) at stats collection: allow userspace to register for
>> "stats generated by CPU N", then run a stats collection daemon on each
>> CPU or
>>

>I wonder if we could make the collector per-cpuset.

I suppose this is because cpuset's offer some middle ground between
collecting data per-cpu
vs. collecting it for all cpus ?

What happens when someone is using cpusets on such a machine and changes
its membership
for such changes and
adjust their processing....seems like unnecessary tying up of two
unrelated concepts.
--Shailabh

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans